Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Recovery Issue
Recovery Issue [message #265152] Wed, 05 September 2007 09:58 Go to next message
sbaker
Hello Everyone,
I'm trying to figure this out and I was hoping some of you pros could give me a little insight.

We are changing out backup process from incremental thoughout the week to a HOT LEVEL 0 every day. The follwing script is used.

run {
allocate channel ch1 type disk format 'd:\oracle\backup%d_DB_% u_%s_%p';
backup database;
backup archivelog all;
release channel ch1;
}

The control file is backed up on O/S level right after this backup completes. Now I've been trying to simulate a disater recovery scenario... so we can be sure it works.

Everything on the server is good to go I just cannot get the database to restore. I can get all the DBF files there and the control file but I never can get the database to open correctly.

Here is my Recovery script....

run {
startup mount pfile=c:\Oracle\Admin\TSH1\pfile\init.ora;
allocate channel ch1 type disk;
restore database;
recover database UNTIL CANCEL;
release channel ch1;
}

No matter how many times I try I get this same error.

ORA-01547: warning: RECOVER succeeded but OPEN RESETLOGS would get error below
ORA-01194: file 1 needs more recovery to be consistent
ORA-01110: data file 1: 'G:\ORACLE\ORADATA\PTMN\SYSTEM01.DBF'

I know to resolve this error you have to restore that file... but apparently I'm doing something wrong in my backup or restore process..... I did also notice the archivelogs are not restoring like the DBF files...Any suggestions would be MOST helpful.

Now for the shocker.... this is Oracle 8.1.7 Smile OH NO! Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 05 September 2007 09:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Recovery Issue [message #265517 is a reply to message #265152] Thu, 06 September 2007 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sbaker
Wow 30 views and no replies....
Re: Recovery Issue [message #265533 is a reply to message #265517] Thu, 06 September 2007 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Maybe if you read the forum Guide and format you post more would be disposed to read in depth your post.

Regards
Michel
Re: Recovery Issue [message #265618 is a reply to message #265517] Thu, 06 September 2007 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sbaker
Looks fine to me. Take about 60 secs to read.
Re: Recovery Issue [message #265624 is a reply to message #265618] Thu, 06 September 2007 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
But YOU know YOUR problem.
WE don't know it and have to understand.
I don't want to spend 60 seconds to read a post.
I prefer to spend time to find a solution.
It's up to you, either I spend time to read the post, either I spend time to find a solution.
Now I spent time to useless thing, so I have no more time to think to YOUR problem.
over.

Regards
Michel
Re: Recovery Issue [message #265635 is a reply to message #265624] Thu, 06 September 2007 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mson77
Hello sbaker,

We all here want to help people.. like you too. Believe.
But as a new user... or new in town... don't you believe that you should start following the guidelines of this forum?

Do you believe that this forum is a community?
How can you say:
Quote:
Looks fine to me. Take about 60 secs to read.

Looks fine to you... means looks fine to everyone?
Do you care about the others? Really care?

Try to reconsider and start from the beginning... using what is written in the Forum Guideline.
What Michel Cadot says is: Specially the code... format them to be easy read. Not for you... but for the community... because you are here in the community asking for help.
The community will help you... but you have to help the community too.

Regards,

mson77
Re: Recovery Issue [message #265943 is a reply to message #265152] Sat, 08 September 2007 00:59 Go to previous message
Arju

While taking backup where is your bakup controlfile?

And while restore where went "restore controlfile from autobackup"??
Previous Topic: HOT BACKUP RESTORE
Next Topic: rman
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 18 16:46:14 CDT 2024