Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » backup report
backup report [message #259728] Thu, 16 August 2007 06:12 Go to next message
meggens
Hi,

I need to create a backup report for several oracle 9 and 10 databases and I would like to automate this so I get a notification when a backup has failed or when no backup is made.
I'm using a recovery catalog so most nice would be to query the recovery catalog I think.

with rman report command I think it would be enough to do
RMAN> report need backup days=1
RMAN> report unrecoverable.

but I guess I need to execute this on the target server because of rman version incompatability, am I right?

Maybe someone is already having a nice solution I can use?

regrads,
Martin

Re: backup report [message #259823 is a reply to message #259728] Thu, 16 August 2007 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DreamzZ
Use APPEND

% rman TARGET / NOCATALOG LOG = $ORACLE_HOME/dbs/log/msglog.f APPEND

Quote:
Causes new output to be appended to the end of the message log file. If you do not specify this parameter, and if a file with the same name as the message log file already exists, then RMAN overwrites it.
Re: backup report [message #259874 is a reply to message #259823] Thu, 16 August 2007 13:37 Go to previous message
meggens
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I know about this....but this is not what I'm looking for.

I would like to report with the reporting/list facilities of rman or query the recovery catalog database.

I've a mixed environment of oracle9/10 windows/linux database servers and I'm taking incremental level 0 backups ones a week and incremental 1 backups daily of my datafiles and I'm backing up my archivelogs control file etc...

So what I'm looking for is an rman script I can run on the catalog database machine (linux) or on the database servers.
I know when I use rman on de server where the catalog database is running, there are compatability issues between the version of rman on the catalog database server and the target database because my databases are oracle 9 and 10 while the recovery catalog database is version 10.

Even more preffered is an sql or pl/sql script to query the recovery catalog.

regards,
Martin
Previous Topic: Archived Redo Logs not Multiplexed when Restoring
Next Topic: restoring database to different box
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 21:00:19 CDT 2024