Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » HOW CAN GET SPACE FROM PERCENT_SPACE_RECLAIMABLE COLUMN OF V$Flash_Recovery_Area_Usage
HOW CAN GET SPACE FROM PERCENT_SPACE_RECLAIMABLE COLUMN OF V$Flash_Recovery_Area_Usage [message #255711] Wed, 01 August 2007 09:54 Go to next message
jainarayan5484
sir
i have taken full and incremental backup in oracle 10g using RMAN.

my retention policy is

CONFIGURE RETENTION POLICY TO RECOVERY WINDOW OF 3 DAYS;

i use

RMAN>DELETE EXPIRED BACKUP

AFTER THAT

RMAN> DELETE EXPIRED ARCHIVELOG ALL

BUT SPACE IN PERCENT_SPACE_RECLAIMABLE COLUMN OF TABLE V$Flash_Recovery_Area_Usage NOT BECOME RELEASE AND EXPIRED ARCHIVE DOES NOT DELETE ;

Re: HOW CAN GET SPACE FROM PERCENT_SPACE_RECLAIMABLE COLUMN OF V$Flash_Recovery_Area_Usage [message #255715 is a reply to message #255711] Wed, 01 August 2007 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DreamzZ
Is your FRA is FUll??If yes then its a problem other wise its not.
Before if you manully delete backup or archivelogs from FRA then use CROSScheck prior to delete statement.

Quote:
Oracle does not delete eligible files from the Flash Recovery Area until the space must be reclaimed for some other purpose. The effect is that files recently moved to tape are often still available on disk for use in recovery. The recovery area can thus serve as a kind of cache for tape. Once the Flash Recovery Area is full, Oracle automatically deletes eligible files to reclaim space in the Flash Recovery Area as needed.

http://www.pafumi.net/Flash_Recovery_Area.html

Re: HOW CAN GET SPACE FROM PERCENT_SPACE_RECLAIMABLE COLUMN OF V$Flash_Recovery_Area_Usage [message #255806 is a reply to message #255711] Wed, 01 August 2007 16:05 Go to previous message
ebrian
EXPIRED BACKUP has nothing to do with your RETENTION POLICY. If want to clean up the reclaimable space in FRA prior to Oracle doing so on it's own, you could perform the following:

RMAN> report obsolete;
RMAN> delete noprompt obsolete;
Previous Topic: Duplex Backups
Next Topic: ORA-01180: can not create datafile 1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 03:26:45 CDT 2024