Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Recovey db in Archivelog mode
Recovey db in Archivelog mode [message #250787] Wed, 11 July 2007 06:03 Go to next message
Lasecun
Hi !

I have a Oracle 10g database in mode ArchiveLog.

I have a problems in my sistem and the system crash.

I want to recover my database from the archivelog files but... i don't have a first backup.

My question is...

Can i make now the backup and recover the database from the old files of the Archivelog?

Thx.

Sorry for my English.
Re: Recovey db in Archivelog mode [message #250795 is a reply to message #250787] Wed, 11 July 2007 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:

If this is just a system crash you don't need to recover.
You only need it if it a disk crash.

Quote:
i don't have a first backup

It is not mandatory but it is a difficult way to reconstruct it, only if you have ALL the archived logs since database creation.
Search in the topics during last week, such a solution has been posted.

Quote:
Can i make now the backup and recover the database from the old files of the Archivelog?

No.
Btw, if you can make a backup then you don't lose the files and thenn you can recover.

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Wed, 11 July 2007 06:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Recovey db in Archivelog mode [message #250864 is a reply to message #250787] Wed, 11 July 2007 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DreamzZ
Lasecun wrote on Wed, 11 July 2007 05:03
Hi !

I have a Oracle 10g database in mode ArchiveLog.

I want to recover my database from the archivelog files but... i don't have a first backup.

My question is...

Thx.

Sorry for my English.

No if you dont have controlfiles.

Michel

Is it possible to reconstruct whole database through archivelogs?
but
when we enter the create database command for the first time at that time database is in no archivelog mode.Then from where oracle server collect information about controlfile.Although he has only archivelogs, no datafiles no controlfiles ,no redologs files.
Re: Recovey db in Archivelog mode [message #250874 is a reply to message #250864] Wed, 11 July 2007 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
You can create the database directly in archivelog mode.
You can recreate the control file with the "create controlfile" statement.
I didn't say it is an easy way but it is possible or at least it was possible in the older version. I didn't try it since they introduced dbid in file header. So there may be some hacking to do...

Regards
Michel

Re: Recovey db in Archivelog mode [message #250875 is a reply to message #250874] Wed, 11 July 2007 12:37 Go to previous message
DreamzZ
AW Thanks for Clarification .
Previous Topic: Export issue
Next Topic: Backup Method
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 01:36:52 CDT 2024