Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » difinition of oracle
difinition of oracle [message #245720] Mon, 18 June 2007 11:54 Go to next message
Nsambaug
Hi all,

i am working onto a fundamental study material about oracle (from sql to perf tunning)...., preferable 91 & 10g

while on my research, i have read about the oracle, origin and whatever upto the teaching of "[LewisC(Database Architect) - 2005"

i kindly need "any who can afford" to generate for me an enterprising & structured difinition of oracle, of about 2 paragraphs, to enable other people to understand it well and be able to make choice with other s/w and languages.esp in Africa where i come from.

George
Re: difinition of oracle [message #245722 is a reply to message #245720] Mon, 18 June 2007 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DreamzZ
Oracle (in ancient Greece, someone in touch with the deities; from Latin, oraculum or divine announcement) says it is the world's leading supplier of software for information management but it is best known for its sophisticated relational database products (notably Oracle9i), which are used in Fortune 1000 corporations and by many of the largest Web sites. Oracle's relational database was the world's first to support the Structured Query Language (SQL), now an industry standard. When CEO Lawrence J. Ellison and a few associates formed Oracle in 1977, they were out to prove wrong the prevailing theory that relational databases could not be commercially viable. Today, as proof of their success, they've parlayed an initial $2,000 investment in the company into an annual revenue exceeding $9.7 billion.

Oracle targets high-end workstations and minicomputers as the server platforms on which to run its database systems. Along with Sun Microsystems, Oracle has long been a champion of network computers. It now boasts that it was the world's first software company to develop and deploy 100 percent Internet-enabled enterprise software across its entire product line: database, server, enterprise business applications, and application development and decision support tools. In fact, Oracle CEO Ellison has said, "If the Internet turns out not to be the future of computing, we're toast. But if it is, we're golden."

Based in Redwood Shores, California, it has more than 43,000 employees worldwide and does business in over 150 countries. Oracle (ORCL) is publicly traded on the Nasdaq.

Is it enough;)
Re: difinition of oracle [message #245725 is a reply to message #245722] Mon, 18 June 2007 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nsambaug
DREAMZ

You have just copied and passted what i have just read a moment before can you just think of any information abt the topic,
may be in security---, stong sql language, itself as a language & much more
thx
Re: difinition of oracle [message #245727 is a reply to message #245725] Mon, 18 June 2007 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DreamzZ
Quote:
i kindly need "any who can afford" to generate for me an enterprising & structured difinition of oracle, of about 2 paragraphs

So what kind of definition you want.??
Re: difinition of oracle [message #245729 is a reply to message #245727] Mon, 18 June 2007 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nsambaug
the explanation has some gists, but i felt there are some info missing.

thx dear, if u have time we can discuss it am online I_d is nsambaug@yahoo.com (chatroom)
Re: difinition of oracle [message #245733 is a reply to message #245729] Mon, 18 June 2007 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DreamzZ
I guess i'm at work. So cant chat.

Just goto Oracle documentation and search.

Quote:
the explanation has some gists

If you explain dat what exactly you want may be some 1 answer you.
Re: difinition of oracle [message #245743 is a reply to message #245733] Mon, 18 June 2007 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nsambaug
in "gist" i meant your nice information " it had around 3 key words i wanted, however both ov us need to think about it, oracle itself is wide and has alot functions and duties to perfom,as compared to others s/w which can be used as data backend, so putting 75% of them needs time

- we need to talk about the origin - summary
- (reasons as to why its prefered esp n large orgs)
+ maintain ov relational d/b.....
+ security ......
+ can be used interactively wiz ------ commadline,sql*plus
+ behavior with networks e.t.c
+ user friendly friendly(usability)
+ fatures like GUIs,RMAN others - which are so important
all these comprise about 4 pages, so i want make a short explanation.

Rgds george.
Re: difinition of oracle [message #245746 is a reply to message #245743] Mon, 18 June 2007 12:52 Go to previous message
DreamzZ
Quote:
in "gist" i meant your nice information " it had around 3 key words i wanted, however both ov us need to think about it, oracle itself is wide and has alot functions and duties to perfom,as compared to others s/w which can be used as data backend, so putting 75% of them needs time

- we need to talk about the origin - summary
- (reasons as to why its prefered esp n large orgs)
+ maintain ov relational d/b.....
+ security ......
+ can be used interactively wiz ------ commadline,sql*plus
+ behavior with networks e.t.c
+ user friendly friendly(usability)
+ fatures like GUIs,RMAN others - which are so important
all these comprise about 4 pages, so i want make a short explanation.

Rgds george.

For your every question you will find lot of answer over here.

http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/index.html
Previous Topic: Taking hot back up that are more than 2GB are a problem
Next Topic: About RMAN Backup.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 15:34:16 CDT 2024