Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Live instance problem 9.2
Live instance problem 9.2 [message #244031] Mon, 11 June 2007 06:53 Go to next message
StrikeEagle
We have a problem with our live instance (9.2.0.7.0). We are unable to run 'exp' due to errors when exporting:

EXP-00056: ORACLE error 4068 encountered
ORA-04068: existing state of packages has been discarded
ORA-04063: package body "XDB.DBMS_XDBUTIL_INT" has errors

However this problem does not occur on our test instance.

What would be the best way to copy our live data back to the test instance without using exp (since this is the only method we have used up to now) - So I can recreate the exp error on the test instance.

Once the data is copied across, I can go about fixing the problem on the test instance (I think I need to start fixing all the invalid dba_objects - approx 1000 of them are owned by sys)
Re: Live instance problem 9.2 [message #244034 is a reply to message #244031] Mon, 11 June 2007 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
I clicked on "Search" button, put "DBMS_XDBUTIL_INT" in the search field and got 6 topics.

Try it.

Regards
Michel
Re: Live instance problem 9.2 [message #244037 is a reply to message #244034] Mon, 11 June 2007 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StrikeEagle
That wasn't the question.

I think I know what I need to run, but I'm not running something straight onto our live instance.
Re: Live instance problem 9.2 [message #244047 is a reply to message #244037] Mon, 11 June 2007 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vikramjogi
http://searchoracle.techtarget.com/ateQuestionNResponse/0,289625,sid41_cid906250_tax299424,00.html
Re: Live instance problem 9.2 [message #244053 is a reply to message #244031] Mon, 11 June 2007 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StrikeEagle
I don't have an account with searchoracle so I cannot read that article. Thanks anyway.

If I was able to export the live data to the test instance, this is what I was going to run to fix the problem:

1. catmeta.sql (to fix some views which are invalid and make sure the grants are correct)
2. utlirp.sql (or exec UTL_RECOMP.recomp_serial('xxx')) (to fix other invalid objects)
3. recreate xdb user (to fix xmlgen/dbms_xdbutil_int problems)

I think I could run catmeta.sql on live without problem, but utlirp.sql could cause problems if things don't compile correctly due to dependancies.

(I'm not a DBA, just a web programmer).
Re: Live instance problem 9.2 [message #244061 is a reply to message #244037] Mon, 11 June 2007 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
StrikeEagle wrote on Mon, 11 June 2007 14:07
That wasn't the question.
I think I know what I need to run, but I'm not running something straight onto our live instance.

Quote:
If I was able to export the live data to the test instance, this is what I was going to run to fix the problem...

The topics you'd find if you search got you good solutions.

Quote:
I don't have an account with searchoracle so I cannot read that article

Don't worry, this article just gives you how to fix the problem but this is not the question.

Regards
Michel

Re: Live instance problem 9.2 [message #244081 is a reply to message #244031] Mon, 11 June 2007 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StrikeEagle
I registered for an account at searchoracle and read the article (didn't know an account was free).

I had already compiled as many packages as I could in the xdb user. The only outstanding ones are dbms_xdbz (not dbms_xdbz0) and dbms_xdbutil_int, neither of which would compile:

SQL> alter package xdb.dbms_xdbutil_int compile body;

Warning: Package Body altered with compilation errors.

SQL> show errors
Errors for PACKAGE BODY XDB.DBMS_XDBUTIL_INT:

LINE/COL ERROR
-------- -----------------------------------------------------------------
1/39     PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "SOURCE" when expecting one of
         the following:
         is as compress compiled wrapped

We are running NOARCHIVELOG (not my decision) and we have no backup from exp for the past week because exp does not work (we only have a backup of the raw .dbf datafiles).

That was why I wanted to play around on the test instance first.
Re: Live instance problem 9.2 [message #244259 is a reply to message #244081] Tue, 12 June 2007 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
grantpt27
I think I may have a similar problem.

My live database will not export but my test will. I want to copy the datafiles from the live instance and somehow trick the test instance into looking at them.

I beleive I will have to change the sid in the ora.ini and maybe do something with the CTL files?

Any help would be appreciated.
Re: Live instance problem 9.2 [message #244262 is a reply to message #244259] Tue, 12 June 2007 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
I clicked on "Search" button, put "DBMS_XDBUTIL_INT" in the search field and got 6 topics.
Try it.

This answer is also valid for you.

Regards
Michel
Re: Live instance problem 9.2 [message #244264 is a reply to message #244262] Tue, 12 June 2007 03:38 Go to previous message
grantpt27
Thanks for your quick reply but I think you misunderstand.

I am pretty sure that running catmeta.sql will fix my problem along with a couple of other things I found in this forum but am reluctant to run them on my live instance as I have no way of guaranteeing that they will work.

The problem I have is that I want to make copies of the live dbf files to recreate the problem in a test environment and then run the suggested fixes.

Anyone have any ideas how I do this?
Previous Topic: backup
Next Topic: Can I create a dump file from a backup?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 02:48:22 CDT 2024