Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » how does oracle identifies from which archive he has to start the recovery....! ! ! !
how does oracle identifies from which archive he has to start the recovery....! ! ! ! [message #244005] Mon, 11 June 2007 04:45 Go to next message
manjiri
Dear All,

Can any body try to help me for under standing followings...

Scenario

I am having one Six Month OLD Database, database is in archive log mode....

today one my Db file got corrupted.....i have taken that db file offline.....

now i am starting the recovering....any how i am able to start the recovery....

now i want to know how does the ORACLE identifies from which archive file number or archive file the

database file can get restored by applying the archive logs.....?????

in short,

how does oracle identifies from which archive files the database file can be get restored....if recovery starts..!

it would be very much help ful for me if i can try to understand this internal working of Oracle.

Regards/-
Manjiri.
Re: how does oracle identifies from which archive he has to start the recovery....! ! ! ! [message #244012 is a reply to message #244005] Mon, 11 June 2007 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
v$archived_log
v$loghist/v$log_history

Regards
Michel
Re: how does oracle identifies from which archive he has to start the recovery....! ! ! ! [message #244018 is a reply to message #244012] Mon, 11 June 2007 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manjiri
THANKS FOR THE REPLY....

ARE THIS VIEWS WILL BE ABLE TO HOLD THIS MUCH LONG DURRATION LOG INFORMATIONS......

ACTUALLLY WANT TO KNOW....

FROM LAST BACKUP(SIX MONTH OLD BACKUP INCLUDING ARCHIVE FILE BACKUP....)

I WILL START THE RESTORING OF THAT PARTICULAR DB FILE ....THEN NEXT
I WILL START APPLYING THE ARCHIVES....
SO AT THIS POINT OF TIME THE ORACLE WILL RECOGNISE WHICH ARCHIVE FILE NEEDS TO BE APPLY.....SO HOW DOES ORACLE IDENTIFIES THAT WHICH NUMBERED ARCHIVE NEEDS TO BE APPLY FOR GETTING THE FILE RECOVERD..........

REGARDS....
Re: how does oracle identifies from which archive he has to start the recovery....! ! ! ! [message #244027 is a reply to message #244018] Mon, 11 June 2007 06:22 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
KEEP OFF YOUR FINGER FROM SHIFT key.

This information come from control files. They are kept until they are aged out, this depends if you use RMAN, gave a backup policy, your CONTROL_FILE_RECORD_KEEP_TIME parameter value.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Backup Through EM
Next Topic: Primary and Standby on different bit Architecture
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 04:22:58 CDT 2024