Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Backup Through EM
Backup Through EM [message #243861] Sun, 10 June 2007 03:06 Go to next message
Arju

Case 1:
Whenever I use incremental backup and use image copy then it shows error message like this.

------------------------------------
Validation Error
Examine and correct the following errors, then retry the operation:
Incremental Backup - An incremental backup strategy is not supported with the image copy disk backup type. Please specify a different backup strategy or set the disk backup type to backup set or compressed backup set.
--------------------------------------
If I choose backup set it solves problem.My question is cant I use image copy over incremental backup???

Case2.

I choose scheduled backup and at last stage it shows an error message like this.

------------

The job submission has failed for the following reason
ORA-20204: User does not exist: RMAN ORA-06512: at "SYSMAN.MGMT_USER", line 122 ORA-06512: at "SYSMAN.MGMT_JOBS", line 139 ORA-06512: at "SYSMAN.MGMT_JOBS", line 78 ORA-06512: at line 1

-----------------------------

I logged on through rman user and rman user exit.

Re: Backup Through EM [message #243874 is a reply to message #243861] Sun, 10 June 2007 11:19 Go to previous message
Frank Naude
Case 1:

This is expected behavior: an image copy is always a complete copy of a file/ set of files.

Case 2:

Try to set RMAN as a administrator via the EM GUI. Alternatively, try to submit the backup from the SYSMAN user.
Previous Topic: How I can backup into Different Directory.
Next Topic: how does oracle identifies from which archive he has to start the recovery....! ! ! !
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 20:53:09 CDT 2024