Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Restore Database in Prior Time
Restore Database in Prior Time [message #243458] Thu, 07 June 2007 06:11 Go to next message
Arju

can I recover/ restore my database by mentioning a prior time. Suppose I want to go to the state in the database as it was in 4th June, 2007 6:00am .. Is it possible? I have oned my flashback feature and I run my database in archive log mode.
Re: Restore Database in Prior Time [message #243474 is a reply to message #243458] Thu, 07 June 2007 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
FLASHBACK DATABASE

Regards
Michel
Re: Restore Database in Prior Time [message #243816 is a reply to message #243458] Sat, 09 June 2007 04:45 Go to previous message
balaji1010

Well,

You can take your database back to its previous state in number of ways, it depends on for what reason you are doing it.

simply restore the recent whole backup of your database and recover it until time by using the command 'RECOVER DATABASE UNTIL TIME '...' ' and then open your DB with RESETLOGS.

OR

Create an auxiliary database (replica of your database) as it was on 4th june and perform exp / imp to get back the data you want

Another feature is FLASHBACK database.

Any of the above would do.... but depends on what backup strategy you maintain

RMAN or USER MANAGED ?

Recovery methods differs for both, so plan accordingly

Hope this helps

Regards
Previous Topic: full export in HP unix using sys as sysdba
Next Topic: How to Delete All Backups (merged)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 10:56:34 CDT 2024