Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Plese suggest the solution for following test cases of recovery
Plese suggest the solution for following test cases of recovery [message #238930] Mon, 21 May 2007 00:58 Go to next message
ram_ocp
Hi,

Please let me know in Oracle 9i

1)if it is possible to recover control file where all copies in NAS or SAN has been lost.The databse is up.
Would ALTER DATBASE BACKUP CONTROL FILE TO file.bkp ; work?

2) To recover full database using RMAN in 9i-if all archive logs not present (eg. Some archive files have been deleted which were expired)

Thanks
Re: Plese suggest the solution for following test cases of recovery [message #238935 is a reply to message #238930] Mon, 21 May 2007 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

Hi,

if it is possible to recover control file where all copies in NAS or SAN has been lost.

Yes, it is possible through control file backup if backup is also not available then you have to recreate control file.

.The databse is up.
No,when you lost control file due to any reason then database goes to shutdown.

To recover full database using RMAN in 9i-if all archive logs not present

YOu have to perform incomplete recovery.

Regards
Taj
Re: Plese suggest the solution for following test cases of recovery [message #238955 is a reply to message #238930] Mon, 21 May 2007 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
1) Have a look at thread named Loss of Controlfile started this week-end.
Please search or AT LEAST read the last topic subjects before posting.

Regards
Michel
Re: Plese suggest the solution for following test cases of recovery [message #238963 is a reply to message #238930] Mon, 21 May 2007 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ram_ocp
Hi Taj,

Thanks for your suggestion.It is very helpful.

For the second point can you clarify if my latest archive files are present but expired has been deleted .Can i perform incomplete recovery of whole database ??
Eg : full database online backup was taken on Sunday.Archive files of monday deleted But tuesday to friday available

Re: Plese suggest the solution for following test cases of recovery [message #239172 is a reply to message #238963] Mon, 21 May 2007 12:04 Go to previous message
DreamzZ
you cant recover controlfile .controlfile always restore not recover
if archivelogs are missing then you have to perfrom incomplete recovery using CANCEL clause.
Previous Topic: ORA-19511: Error received from media manager layer, error text:
Next Topic: IMP-00017 problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 08:23:53 CDT 2024