Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Migrating a noarchive Database of LINUX to noarchivelog mode SOLARIS
Migrating a noarchive Database of LINUX to noarchivelog mode SOLARIS [message #233389] Thu, 26 April 2007 00:25 Go to next message
abcindiaxyz
Dear all,
Hi,
I want to migrate a 450GB database from LINUX 32 bit platform to a SUN SPARC 64 bit platform.
Both the databases are in no archivelog mode.

I have tried using expdp and impdp, but the problem comes with partitioned tables, which fail to import.

I also tried converting the data files using Transportable tablespaces and RMAN(to convert the dbf's), as the ENDIAN formats for LINUX and SOLARIS are different.

Please suggest a better and more efficient method, as i ran out of ideas......

Thanks in advance Razz Razz
Re: Migrating a noarchive Database of LINUX to noarchivelog mode SOLARIS [message #233416 is a reply to message #233389] Thu, 26 April 2007 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Transportable tablespaces is the fastest way to do it.

Btw, "fail to import" is not a valid Oracle error message.

Regards
Michel
Re: Migrating a noarchive Database of LINUX to noarchivelog mode SOLARIS [message #233421 is a reply to message #233416] Thu, 26 April 2007 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
abcindiaxyz
Hi Michel,
Thanks for the reply.

By the way, as you can see in my request, i have mentioned "Transportable Tablespaces and RMAN".

By writing, "fail to import", i meant to convey that the import of data in to the respective tablespaces came to halt with no error to find either in the alert log nor the log into which the impdp process is writing to...
Re: Migrating a noarchive Database of LINUX to noarchivelog mode SOLARIS [message #233431 is a reply to message #233421] Thu, 26 April 2007 02:25 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
You mentioned transportable tablespace but you don't tell us the result.
Was it correct or not?
If not why? What was the error?

We still don't know why the "partitioned tables fail to import" as all you say is that there is no error!
Do you mean the partitions don't go to the expected tablespaces?
If this is the case: check if they exist and if the user has quota in them.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: why alter system archive log current?
Next Topic: NEED Help ASAP - Have a database file. Can I use it on different server?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 07:08:07 CDT 2024