Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Need help
Need help [message #231841] Wed, 18 April 2007 10:03 Go to next message
grk28
Hi friends,

I am a newbie to Database Administration.

I need your suggestions for the following scenario.

I have a schema whose size is 13 GB (It contains all the BLOB data as well) .For exporting this schema we use Datapump and exclude the tables having blob tables there by reducing the size to 600MB.

Assuming that data dump has been take today excluding the tables having blob column and executed scripts on the database (inserts,updates),due to some reason if i want to rollback all these scripts then what will be the best way to restore the database to its original state.

Would i be able to restore the database with the dump which i have taken before running the scripts without disturbing the blob tables.

Please let me know.

Thanks
Re: Need help [message #232410 is a reply to message #231841] Fri, 20 April 2007 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kamkan
Hi,
It is possible if u run ur db in archive log mode and if u have all the archived log files in place. Have u noted the time when did u executed the DML scripts? If so follow the steps:
1. Shutdown the db ( Take a cold backup along with all archived logs, may be helpful if u have recovered ahead of desired time)
2. Mount the db
3. recover until time (upto the time before u started the DML scripts)
4. Alter database open resetlogs.

Export is just taking a copy and doesnt have any impact in the object but DML have.
Re: Need help [message #232686 is a reply to message #231841] Mon, 23 April 2007 00:44 Go to previous message
Dipali Vithalani
hi,
U mean, u want to rollback the effects of those changes (inserts and updates) made by that scripts, right?

Then i think, it will be better to use flashback query feature, rather than importing the dumps..

Regards
Previous Topic: Unable to start database after point-in-time recovery
Next Topic: Oracle Disaster recovery query - Veritas Volume replicator and Flashsnap
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 02:03:31 CDT 2024