Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » How to verify the validity of an Export dump
How to verify the validity of an Export dump [message #229767] Tue, 10 April 2007 00:10 Go to next message
girishta
Hi,
How to verify the validity of an Export dump. I am not having any logs.

Re: How to verify the validity of an Export dump [message #229768 is a reply to message #229767] Tue, 10 April 2007 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>How to verify the validity of an Export dump.
By successfully importing the file.
Re: How to verify the validity of an Export dump [message #229775 is a reply to message #229768] Tue, 10 April 2007 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
girishta
What if dump file is very large ?

Will it through the error saying that cannot be imported ?

With the same dump i am able to import a particular table. I got it successfully. How can i know that all the tables are perfectly exported other than trying to import the whole dump?

Another question:

What may be the possible reasons for the "Export terminated successfully with warnings?

Re: How to verify the validity of an Export dump [message #229777 is a reply to message #229775] Tue, 10 April 2007 00:42 Go to previous message
Mohammad Taj

Hi,
That is why i also used LOG parameter with EXPORT command.
first you should also use LOG parameter with EXPORT command.

What if dump file is very large ?
--->
rows=n show=y

Will it through the error saying that cannot be imported ?

---Very hard to say it depand on error message.

With the same dump i am able to import a particular table. I got it successfully. How can i know that all the tables are perfectly exported other than trying to import the whole dump?
---YOu have to imported all tables.

Another question:

What may be the possible reasons for the "Export terminated successfully with warnings?

---Again depand on situation.

Regards
Taj

Previous Topic: Off site backup for Oracle 10g XE
Next Topic: Import dmp in 10g express
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 06:22:27 CDT 2024