Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » RMAN catalogue maintenance with Netbackup
RMAN catalogue maintenance with Netbackup [message #228430] Tue, 03 April 2007 00:35 Go to next message
enzoweb
I consult to a site that uses Veritas Netbackup which calls RMAN scripts to backup the database to tape.

The RMAN catalog has a redundancy set to 1, but since no catalog maintenance is done there are entries going back to 2005.

I want to tidy up the catalog but don't want to conflict with the Netbackup records. If I do a 'delete obsolete' or remove the expired backups the RMAN catalog and Netbackup will be out of whack.

Does anyone know the best way to keep these in sync? For example, if Netbackup keeps daily, weekly, monthly and yearly backups, how do I reflect that in RMAN?

TIA
Re: RMAN catalogue maintenance with Netbackup [message #228485 is a reply to message #228430] Tue, 03 April 2007 03:43 Go to previous message
Frank Naude
Now that is a good question (one that I've been struggling with as well).

I guess the easy solution would be to get Netbackup (and other vendors) to expire RMAN records when it expires a backup.

In the mean time, some manual cleanup would be required.
Previous Topic: Please help me out
Next Topic: Primary and Standby 10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 04:47:50 CDT 2024