Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Please help me out
icon5.gif  Please help me out [message #228162] Sun, 01 April 2007 21:23 Go to next message
shoriya24
Sir,
I am working as D2k developer the below company, i have an query

we have different projects(branches) at different location they all use same D2k application,
with same Database structure and different data.Weekly we have to integrate all the data to Head Quarters
database, weekly-weekly we have to append these data from branches to head quarters with out
disturb the head quarters database, so that our top level managers can see all the branches data in one data base.

NOTE:
1.we don't have any remote connection from branches to HQ .
2. Presently we are using oracle 8i
3.we mainly export from branches and import to HQ but we don't take incremental or append import or export. only we take complete import/export of database

my mail; shoriya_ocp@yahoo.co.in, shoriya24@yahoo.co.in
Re: Please help me out [message #228163 is a reply to message #228162] Sun, 01 April 2007 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
Post Removed.

[Updated on: Sun, 01 April 2007 23:15] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Please help me out [message #228276 is a reply to message #228162] Mon, 02 April 2007 06:32 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>>3.we mainly export from branches and import to HQ but we don't take incremental or append import or export. only we take complete import/export of database
No use. Incremenal export never worked the way it literally meant.
Instead of picking only the changed records, incremental export will pick all the records of the table even if one record changed.
>>1.we don't have any remote connection from branches to HQ .
Ideal solution would be using some kind of replication.
Since you do not have any such facility, manually moving data around with full exports is the ony other options i see.
Previous Topic: about back up and recovery
Next Topic: RMAN catalogue maintenance with Netbackup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 07:29:39 CDT 2024