Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Exporting specific view, procedures and packages into dump file
Exporting specific view, procedures and packages into dump file [message #223042] Wed, 07 March 2007 05:45 Go to next message
prashas_d
Hello gurus,

I am using Oracle 8.

Can I export a specific view or procedure or package from a database instance into a dump file?

I can export some specific table into a dump file using the below command:
exp scott/tiger file=expdat.dmp log=test.log tables=emp

But is there any way to extract some specific view, package and procedure into a dump file?

Thanks in advance.
prashas_d

[Updated on: Wed, 07 March 2007 07:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Exporting specific view, procedures and packages into dump file [message #223092 is a reply to message #223042] Wed, 07 March 2007 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
No.
You can do a rows=n during export which will export no data, but the table structure and other objects.
Do a dummy import with show=y log=somelog.log
This somelog.log will have all your code.
Re: Exporting specific view, procedures and packages into dump file [message #223111 is a reply to message #223092] Wed, 07 March 2007 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prashas_d
No, The job I need to perform is to just export some of the selected procedures, packages from a database instance into a dump file.

I dont want to export any of the table objects. what I need is to export only some views, packages and procedures selectively.

Can this be done?
Re: Exporting specific view, procedures and packages into dump file [message #223113 is a reply to message #223111] Wed, 07 March 2007 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Read my response above.
You cannot do it (specifically in 8x).
Logfile will have the contents. Just pick what you want.
Else, use GUI tools like Toad/Native oracle tools to extract the DDL of stored procedure.
Re: Exporting specific view, procedures and packages into dump file [message #223916 is a reply to message #223042] Mon, 12 March 2007 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anoophtvm
Hello,

I have one soultion.

You can truncate all the table data from the existing database and then export the DB. Now when you Import the Table with data in the destination DB will not be altered.
Re: Exporting specific view, procedures and packages into dump file [message #223942 is a reply to message #223916] Mon, 12 March 2007 06:12 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Quote:
You can truncate all the table data from the existing database and then export the DB.

You must be joking right?
OP is Looking to export certain objects.
You are suggesting to truncate all the table data?
We previously suggested
>>You can do a rows=n during export which will export no data, but the table structure and other objects.

[Updated on: Mon, 12 March 2007 06:13]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: RMAN-06136: ORACLE error from auxiliary database: ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operat
Next Topic: what are the uses of Media Management Software
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 01:22:25 CDT 2024