Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Online backup on standby database
Online backup on standby database [message #222468] Mon, 05 March 2007 00:21 Go to next message
kmkumar24
Hi All,

I have production database and standby database. There was a cronjob for backingup full database on primary database. Now i want to perform the same cronjob to backing up the full database on standby database instead of production database, because of the performance degradation in primary database while backup.

Kindly suggest me whether the scheduling of cronjob for backingup full db on standby database will be possible.

In this case also kindly suggest me whether the backup will be used at recovery time.

Thanks in advance

Magesh
Re: Online backup on standby database [message #222533 is a reply to message #222468] Mon, 05 March 2007 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96566/rcmbackp.htm#446195
Re: Online backup on standby database [message #222709 is a reply to message #222533] Tue, 06 March 2007 01:44 Go to previous message
kmkumar24
Hi,

Thanks for the link given, but from that webpage i understand that datafile and archive file can be backup in standby, controlfile and spfile can be backup in primary db.

But here my dataguard will be set on HIGHER PERFORMANCE mode. So is it work to backup the files at primary and standby db respectively for no data loss at recovery point of time, b'cos the controlfile and spfile will not be available incase of Disk Failure.

So, kindly suggest me how to overcome this problem.
Previous Topic: relation b/w redo log,undo tablespace,rollback segment
Next Topic: Earliest SCN query question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 22:37:12 CDT 2024