Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » How to delete RMAN backup and set configuration parameter in oracle 8.1.7.4
How to delete RMAN backup and set configuration parameter in oracle 8.1.7.4 [message #221150] Sat, 24 February 2007 08:11 Go to next message
rtjk
Hai All,

I want to delete the RMAN backup using script.Oracle Version is 8.1.7.4. Solaris 5.8 Os.DB Backup is using RMAN.Bkup policy is as follows.(thru cron)

Incremental level 1 backup on mon-saturday
Incremental level 0 on sunday.

Backup information is stored in catalog schema which is in target database(Same DB).

Now my doubt is how to set configuration parameter in 8.1.7.4
If I give the command as "show all" it is throwing the RMAN-00569: = ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS == line.
I can able to delete the backup using change backuppiece <piecenumber> delete by allocating a maintenance channel;
But I want to delete the backup using script.

Any command is available to delete .
I tried this script , but no luck.

connect catalog $RMAN/$RMANPWD
connect target
allocate channel for maintenance type disk;
run
{
delete noprompt backup of database completed before 'sysdate-7';
release channel;
}

Can any body help me in this please

Thanks in advance
Jay
Re: How to delete RMAN backup and set configuration parameter in oracle 8.1.7.4 [message #221158 is a reply to message #221150] Sat, 24 February 2007 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>> Backup information is stored in catalog schema which is in target database(Same DB).
Cannot be any worse. If you loose the target database, you also loose the recovery catalog.

Always post what you did and post the displayed error message exactly. Verbatim.
Explaining what you did helps less.
This section of documentation talks about some techniques. Please see whether it helps.
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/A87860_01/doc/server.817/a76990/recocat.htm#442881

If nothing works,
You can directly update the catalog stating these backups would become unvailable and
remove those backupsets in OS manually.
Re: How to delete RMAN backup and set configuration parameter in oracle 8.1.7.4 [message #224580 is a reply to message #221150] Wed, 14 March 2007 12:54 Go to previous message
nmacdannald
cron -e will let you edit cron's tasks. You must be logged in as the user that put the task into cron.

Previous Topic: ORA-00214 / inconsistent with file
Next Topic: Recovery Ways
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 19:37:18 CDT 2024