Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » RMAN cannot find datafiles during duplicate
RMAN cannot find datafiles during duplicate [message #212911] Mon, 08 January 2007 16:08 Go to next message
clintonf
Hi all,

I have been unable to duplicate my database due to the following error:

RMAN-00571: ================================================
RMAN-00569: ==== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS ===============
RMAN-00571: ===============================================
RMAN-03002: failure of Duplicate Db command at 01/05/2007 10:25:02
RMAN-03015: error occurred in stored script Memory Script
RMAN-06004: ORACLE error from recovery catalog database: RMAN-20201: datafile not found in the recovery catalog
RMAN-06010: error while looking up datafile: 12

Here is what I have done to duplicate the database. I have been gone for a while so I suspect there is something missing that I am not seeing:

1) Flushed current log to archive log
2) BACKUP database PLUS archivelog;
3) Copied backup pieces, archivelog files and .dbf's to auxiliary machine (same directory structure as target DB)
4) Wait a day
5) Flush current logs to archivelog
6) BACKUP archivelog ALL;
7) Copied the archivelog files to auxiliary machine
8 ) Duplicate DB with TSPITR to a point before step 6 but AFTER step 3

I believe that this is the process that I have used successfully in the past. Hopefully some extra pairs of eyes can find what is missing or suggest what I may be doing incorrectly.

Thanks!

[Updated on: Mon, 08 January 2007 16:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: RMAN cannot find datafiles during duplicate [message #212919 is a reply to message #212911] Mon, 08 January 2007 17:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Did you check for the existence of backupsets for the concerned datafile (inside the catalog and physically)?.
Did you rescync the catalog?
>> Copied the archivelog files
Did you also copy the backupsets?
Seems your 'set until' is looking for some more information.
>>RMAN-06010: error while looking up datafile: 12
how Are you renaming the datafiles?
Based on file no?

[Updated on: Mon, 08 January 2007 18:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: RMAN cannot find datafiles during duplicate [message #213201 is a reply to message #212919] Tue, 09 January 2007 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clintonf
Hi Mahesh,

I have executed a `LIST backup` command to verify that the datafiles are in the catalog. I have also verified their physical existence on the target and auxiliary machines.

I resync'd the catalog.

I have copied all the backup sets (I had missed some). Then I backed up the archive log, copied the backupsets and archivelogs over to the auxiliary machine.

For renaming the datafiles I have used `CONFIGURE AUXNAME` for all the files. I verified that those configurations were still in place.

After doing all that I tried another TSPITR duplication but received the same error as before (still with datafile 12).

What can you make of that?

Thanks again.

Re: RMAN cannot find datafiles during duplicate [message #213608 is a reply to message #213201] Thu, 11 January 2007 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>> 6) BACKUP archivelog ALL;
I would backup the database and archived logs.
For duplication, RMAN expects everything in its vicinity.
Re: RMAN cannot find datafiles during duplicate [message #213655 is a reply to message #213608] Thu, 11 January 2007 13:29 Go to previous message
clintonf
Things seem to be working fine now...Question

Yesterday I noticed the following entries which occur every 5-6 minutes for a while now (but started after I went away) in my Windows Event Viewer:

Application Log: Info: Initializing PGA for process QMN0 in instance catdb.
~1 minute later: Warning: Instance catdb has been terminated.
4-5 minutes later: Info: Initializing PGA for process QMN0 in instance catdb.
4-5 minutes later: Info: Initializing PGA for process QMN0 in instance catdb.

catdb is my recovery catalog. Apparently the DB server also spontaneously re-booted at times too. The catalog DB service was thus disabled. I subsequently re-enabled it to try some thoughts that I had.

After this I was able to duplicate my database as before (without differing from my above process). The messages are still happening though.

Everything seems OK now (Smile), but I am curious as to what the above messages are indicating.

Does anyone have suggestions as to what may have caused them, what affect they had and why restarting the service allowed duplication?

Thanks!
Previous Topic: rman error - RMAN-03009
Next Topic: How to Back Up RAW Secondary Volume
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 18:05:44 CDT 2024