Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » How to apply archives to roll foward data changes in db?
How to apply archives to roll foward data changes in db? [message #212052] Wed, 03 January 2007 11:44 Go to next message
mauricio@tecnologica
Hello, we had an oracle 9i R2 instance (9.2.0.5) that started running in archivelog mode on 2006/Dec/16. In that day, we took a cold backup of it (a simple full exp) and let de db in operation generating archivelogs. On 2006/Dec/28 we had a crash in the system and all that we have are the archivelogs and the dump (from the cold backup).

The instance was recreated and the dump was imported over the new created instance using imp with ignore=yes and full=yes parameters set. This put us in the very same state of the db before we started its production operation on 2006/Dec/16. Now, we need to 'import'/recover all the archivelogs generated until the crash (2006/Dec/28) but just can not find how to do it. Have already read some articles in metalink but can't get it to work. Tried a simple "recover database until cancel;" but it does not ask for the archivelog file to recover and almost instantly, shows the "media recovery complete".

==========================================

SQL> startup mount;
InstÔncia ORACLE iniciada.

Total System Global Area 1141974988 bytes
Fixed Size 456652 bytes
Variable Size 335544320 bytes
Database Buffers 805306368 bytes
Redo Buffers 667648 bytes
Banco de dados montado.
SQL> recover database until cancel;
RecuperaþÒo de mÝdia concluÝda.

============================================

Put the database in archivelog mode and don't know for sure how to specify from where the database should read the archivelog files to recover. I imagine that it is not from archivelog_dest. Can you help me with this issue? Thanks you all in advance.
Re: How to apply archives to roll foward data changes in db? [message #212053 is a reply to message #212052] Wed, 03 January 2007 11:47 Go to previous message
ebrian
You can NOT apply archive logs to an export.
Previous Topic: DataFile Issues
Next Topic: explain about backup and recovery(very urgent)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 30 00:08:31 CDT 2024