Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » impbp question
impbp question [message #203811] Thu, 16 November 2006 07:20 Go to next message
kiel44
Hi,
i have a little question. I have a database in my office on ORACLE 10g.
I made backup server on 10g Express Edition.
Now i need to transfer all data+indexes+users+sequenses from full 10g to 10g EE. I used expdp/impdp with full=y option. Could anybody tell me is there will be any complications when i will try expdp/impdp data from 10gEE to full oracle version?
Now when I import with impdp data i have a lot of errors like ORA-39151 or ORA-39112.

Is impdp/expdp good tool to do that task?
Or i should use other tool?

Regards
Marius

Re: impbp question [message #203812 is a reply to message #203811] Thu, 16 November 2006 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Please Post your complete error message. Not just the numbers.
You may want to consider dropping the objects before you import.
Drop the objects of users you have created.
And import only those users.
Re: impbp question [message #203824 is a reply to message #203811] Thu, 16 November 2006 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kiel44
Thanks for help but this is average database.
More than 300+ tables in special tablespace.
Users have full system privs in this database and they are in USER tablespace.

I have to move this tablespace with 300+ tables to new server. Company software need also info about users in database so i have to move users with them.
Users have all system privs in database (they don't have their own tablespaces). They are there only because software configuration need this. Software creators gave them full privs in database and now i have to move them with data. When i move only data between servers users can't login into our company software.

This database have many indexes and sequences. My log have more than 1000 lines with errors when i used impdp (it is almost not possible to delete them all).

My question is that what should i do to move entire database from one computer to another?
When i move this database second time system see all old tables, indexes, sequences, tablespace and generate many errors.
Do i have to delete all this elements and only after then use impdp?
Maybe there is any parameter which give me ability to restore all elements in database even if they are already there?
Or there is any other solution to import all tablespace from old database to new one?
Should i use RMAN?

[Updated on: Thu, 16 November 2006 08:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: impbp question [message #203850 is a reply to message #203824] Thu, 16 November 2006 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Almost all your questions are clearly answered in the documentation.
Please read the documentation (utilities manual).
>>My question is that what should i do to move entire database from one computer to another?
No.
Just the concerned data (users/tablespace)
>>Maybe there is any parameter which give me ability to restore all elements in database even if they are already there?
No. Then what is the point of importing?
>>Do i have to delete all this elements and only after then use impdp?
Probably yes. Import by default will try to append.
If the object is already found it will error saying the objects already exists.
>>Or there is any other solution to import all tablespace from old database to new one?
Look into tablespace mode export.
http://www.stanford.edu/dept/itss/docs/oracle/10g/server.101/b10825/dp_export.htm#i1007519
>>Should i use RMAN?
Not a bad idea. But might be an overkill. Since the database is small Export/Import tools are meant for this.
Re: impbp question [message #203867 is a reply to message #203811] Thu, 16 November 2006 13:36 Go to previous message
pzlj6x
if you decide to use RMAN, then you can just clone to the new database.

use DUPLICATE TARGET DATABASE command
below is syntax

rman target sys/***@dbname rcvcat rman/***@bkdbname auxiliary sys/**** << EOF

run {

allocate auxiliary channel t1 type 'TAPE' parms (mention any parameters that is needed
allocate auxiliary channel t2 type 'TAPE' parms
allocate auxiliary channel t3 type 'TAPE' parms
allocate auxiliary channel t4 type 'TAPE' parms

SET UNTIL TIME "to_date('11/16/2006:00:000:00','MM/DD/YYYY:HH24:MI:SS')"; *** point of time recovery ( give the time of the backup finish of source database)
DUPLICATE TARGET DATABASE TO newdb;

release channel t1;
release channel t2;
release channel t3;
release channel t4;

}
Previous Topic: Backup Strategy
Next Topic: RMAN.exe file path
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 21:13:22 CDT 2024