Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Dropped System Scheam
Dropped System Scheam [message #197812] Thu, 12 October 2006 15:57 Go to next message
kslarson
I've been tasked to recover the system schema a clients database. They were not familar with Oracle and no-one complained when the user-id was locked for several weeks. So system was dropped.

I was wondering if there was a more elegant way of recovering system beyond a PNT recovery or creating a new database and moving all the other schema and configuration data to the new database?

Thank you for any help.

K Larson
Re: Dropped System Scheam [message #197819 is a reply to message #197812] Thu, 12 October 2006 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Seems you have no other options.
There used to a dirty/unsupported workaround in metalink, which i promptly forgot. May be you can raise a TAR and find what the folks @OSS have to say?

How bad is the situation really? Is the database completely broke?
Does this SYSTEM own any critical object? (hopefully not).
Else, take an export and import elsewhere ( as you have stated).
Re: Dropped System Scheam [message #197823 is a reply to message #197819] Thu, 12 October 2006 16:50 Go to previous message
kslarson
The database is overall appears to be funcationing properly. There are some jobs that are no longer running and such. Though I am quite surprised the system just didn't come to a complete stop.

Previous Topic: Restore 10g database
Next Topic: logical backup without a specific table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 19:32:07 CDT 2024