Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » logical backup without a specific table
logical backup without a specific table [message #197657] Thu, 12 October 2006 03:46 Go to next message
lokeshonline
How can I take a logical backup of the database without taking the backup of one specific table? Actually I need to give this to our client but we don't want to give them backup of one specific table.
Re: logical backup without a specific table [message #197707 is a reply to message #197657] Thu, 12 October 2006 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Define logical backup in your terms.
In my terms, Logical backup is something like an exported dump.
>>How can I take a logical backup of the database without taking the backup of one specific table?
So,
export the schema. Give the dump.
Re: logical backup without a specific table [message #197861 is a reply to message #197707] Thu, 12 October 2006 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lokeshonline
I have a schema say XYZ. It owns 100 tables. Out of these there is one table say Table_1. I want to take the export dump of the schema XYZ but it should not include the table Table_1. Is there any way of doing it?

Re: logical backup without a specific table [message #197942 is a reply to message #197861] Fri, 13 October 2006 06:32 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
in 10g you exclude a particular object.
In all lower editions you need to specify all the tables in TABLES=() parameter.
It would be easier to script this.
write a sql to spool the names of tables you want (select table_name from user_tables where table_name not in MY_TABLE) in csv format. save the file and user PARFILE option.
Search the board. Long back, I have already posted a script to do this.
Previous Topic: Dropped System Scheam
Next Topic: Trying to recover dropped table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 18:38:12 CDT 2024