Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » point in time recovery of a table through rman
point in time recovery of a table through rman [message #194612] Sat, 23 September 2006 00:45 Go to next message
vijaykumarsudi

I am trying to recover a table which was dropped at particular time through rman,the problem is i am able to recover the table with the data,but the transactions made on the other table are lost even i committed it.can u plz help me in this problem
thanks in advance.
vijay
Re: point in time recovery of a table through rman [message #194640 is a reply to message #194612] Sat, 23 September 2006 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
email.sandeepnaik
First of all make sure time for restore is correct.

If you want to get table back (which was dropped) you may give earlier time(which is ok). In this case.Once table is available, export data from table which is dropped...and then redo all exercise of recovery, restart recovery , this time move further, let table get dropped..apply logs till you see proper data in other tables...once you are at that stage..you can open database.
You also have export of table which was dropped. Import it back.

Sandeep
Re: point in time recovery of a table through rman [message #194817 is a reply to message #194640] Mon, 25 September 2006 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vijaykumarsudi

Thanks for the reply. I think this would defiantely work.
Regards
Vijay
Re: point in time recovery of a table through rman [message #194818 is a reply to message #194612] Mon, 25 September 2006 08:51 Go to previous message
email.sandeepnaik
This may help you.

http://sandeepnaik.blogspot.com/2006_08_27_archive.html

Sandeep
Previous Topic: location of the backups sets using RMAN
Next Topic: how to recover database if my os is crashed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 30 08:45:10 CDT 2024