Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » how to recover database if my os is crashed
how to recover database if my os is crashed [message #194464] Fri, 22 September 2006 05:37 Go to next message
varshamg
hello everybody,

I was having oracle 8i installed with WINNT.i don't have backup with me.Now my hard disk which was having OS is crashed.My oracle was on different hard disk. Can anybody please guide me how to use all my programming & database with new HDD with the same os i.e.WINNT?is it possible?

Thank you.

varsha
Re: how to recover database if my os is crashed [message #194485 is a reply to message #194464] Fri, 22 September 2006 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
email.sandeepnaik
if os is rebuilt and is assigned same oracle disk names d: and e: as before then, verify your registry entries for oracle software, if they are not present, try installing oracle code exactly same as what you had before crash and later, try starting database.

If your oracle disks and files are intact. very likely it should come up.
Sandeep
Re: how to recover database if my os is crashed [message #194849 is a reply to message #194464] Mon, 25 September 2006 13:45 Go to previous message
kimant
Hi

Reinstall winnt and Oracle software in the same version etc.
You then recreate the Oracle service using ORADIM.
Search the docs for that.

Br
Kim
Previous Topic: point in time recovery of a table through rman
Next Topic: password file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 30 05:15:37 CDT 2024