Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Media Recovery after os(operating system) crash
Media Recovery after os(operating system) crash [message #193976] Wed, 20 September 2006 04:15 Go to next message
M.Shakeel Azeem
i am using 8i server on windows environment there is always a risk of os crash when you are on windows environment
I want to make a attested strategy for this scenario
I have planned to take hot rman backup every week,month and six months
database is going to be in archiving mode

The first option is to update the windows,perhaps if we are succeded to update the os then oracle server will also be recovered after instance recovery which is automatically done by oracle server

but this option did not work and we have to re-install os then what we'll have to do then

is there any affect on oracle s/w?
should we need to reinstall s/w?

can anybody provide me step by step illustration to recover the database after os crash
Re: Media Recovery after os(operating system) crash [message #194110 is a reply to message #193976] Wed, 20 September 2006 17:01 Go to previous message
kimant
I guess that You are thinking hypothetically here - You have not had this so far - right?

Well it depends on WHY "it did not work", as there can be any number of reasons.
Fx. corrupt datafile(s) etc.
Definitely You should become familiar with media recovery, but better Yet - get a professional to guide and teach You. It would not be fun to have the first real expirence on production....

Ps. 8i are not the most supported release.
You should look into upgrading to something more recent and supported.
Previous Topic: Recovery Catalog
Next Topic: Please help ora-01203 wrong incarnation of this file in standby db
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 30 09:38:53 CDT 2024