Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » 10g RMAN-2001 error because of new DBID after cloning.
10g RMAN-2001 error because of new DBID after cloning. [message #193063] Thu, 14 September 2006 13:44 Go to next message
djstev1e
Hello all,

My first post!! Laughing After cloning our 10g dev instance from production my RMAN backup is now failing with the error: "RMAN-20001: target database not found in recovery catalog" because the clone gets a new DBID.

My question: is it possible to tell/update the 10g RMAN catalog of the new DBID without having to register the database again? This way I don't have to perform a 'register database' and configure the channels again and again after each clone.

Thanks,

SteveV
Re: 10g RMAN-2001 error because of new DBID after cloning. [message #193065 is a reply to message #193063] Thu, 14 September 2006 14:25 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Most recomended method is to register again.
>> configure the channels again and again after each clone.
That is not a big deal.
Throw it in a script.

For the same above said reasons,
I use seperate RMAN users (along with recovery catalog).
I use rman_backup to backup, rman_restore to restore and rman_clone to duplicate.
Every day backup is always done using RMAN_BACKUP (automated script). Included in the script are comands for rman_restore and rman_clone to get synched with the current backup.
Similarly after every clone/duplication ( multiple times a week), the cloning script will automatically unregister rman_clone from duplicated database and register back with prod.
Hope i made this clear. Else i will repost.

It might be an overkill for you. I depend on RMAN for many of my databases that need to cloned (sometimes partially and mostly to some point-in-time).

[Updated on: Thu, 14 September 2006 14:38]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: RMAN-01005: syntax error: found "auxiliary"
Next Topic: I deleted listener.log file !!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 30 03:29:56 CDT 2024