Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » restore from RAC to standalone
restore from RAC to standalone [message #192664] Wed, 13 September 2006 03:45 Go to next message
lokeshonline
I have a production database Oracle 9.2.0.4 RAC on AIX and Oracle 9.2.0.1 on standalone AIX. Datafiles controlfiles etc. are implemented as raw devices. Can I restore my database on our standalone machine from the hot backup taken using manual scripts(backup of tablespaces excluding temp, control files but not redo logs) taken from the RAC. If yes please give a brief description of the steps.
Re: restore from RAC to standalone [message #192669 is a reply to message #192664] Wed, 13 September 2006 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>>backup of tablespaces excluding temp, control files but not redo logs
What do you mean by this?
YOu need control file backup.
WHat kinds of 'hot' backup is this?

In general terms, yes, you can. I do it all the time. Infact , i even automated this process.
>>If yes please give a brief description of the steps.
Refer documentation.
RMAN duplication/restoration is same with single instance and RAC.
You always backup once instance at a time and rstore/duplicate only one instance. So, the process is pretty much the same.
As usual, you need to nfs mount the /backup to your standalone machine so that it appears like a local filesytem.
Do the restore/duplication process.
http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96566/rcmrecov.htm#1007514
Re: restore from RAC to standalone [message #192701 is a reply to message #192669] Wed, 13 September 2006 05:33 Go to previous message
lokeshonline
I am talking about the hot backup using manual scripts of tablespaces other than TEMP tablespace. Then issuing statement alter system switch logfile; Then "alter database backup controlfle to /nfs/backup". In hot physical backup we don't need to take backups of online redo log files. Am I wrong?? If this backup is right how can I resotre to a standalone. I am not using RMAN.

Previous Topic: Recovery in Noarchivelog Mode
Next Topic: is it possible to restore expired backup sets
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 01 04:38:33 CDT 2024