Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Exporting Tables when OS become corrupt and DB does not start
Exporting Tables when OS become corrupt and DB does not start [message #187374] Sun, 13 August 2006 00:40 Go to next message
mkhalil
Dear Members,

I am using Oracle 8i and Window XP Professional. I am facing a problem that when window become corrupt and Database does not start normally or by DOS prompt then how the tables can be exported before refreshing the OS system. Normally i take backup from DOS prompt by entery exp commond. Would anybody please help me? An early response will highly be appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Exporting Tables when OS become corrupt and DB does not start [message #187394 is a reply to message #187374] Sun, 13 August 2006 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>> Exporting Tables when OS become corrupt and DB does not start
How can you export when the database is not available?
YOu are supposed to take a 'backup' when the database/os is healthy.
Exported dumps are LIKE backups. But NOT backups.
Re: Exporting Tables when OS become corrupt and DB does not start [message #187452 is a reply to message #187374] Mon, 14 August 2006 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mkhalil
Thanks Mahesh for your so quick response. Is there any way to start database and take backup when window become corrupted due to virus or any other reason. Would you like to please further elaborate exported dumps.
Re: Exporting Tables when OS become corrupt and DB does not start [message #187587 is a reply to message #187452] Mon, 14 August 2006 10:07 Go to previous message
d.c.b.a

Backup all the oracle data files (control files, data files, online log files), do not miss one file!!!

Copy these files to a new machine with same verison oracle installed, then you could register an oracle service with oradim command, then you are be able to start the database. There is a lot of document talking about oradim, or just run oradim in cmd window.

You can do it.
Previous Topic: ASM on windows
Next Topic: recover tablespace gets RMAN-06054: media recovery requesting unknown log: thread 1 seq 27059 lowscn
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 19:34:12 CDT 2024