Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Take back-up daily on the tables that are changing
Take back-up daily on the tables that are changing [message #185882] Fri, 04 August 2006 00:55 Go to next message
aditya_gangadharam

hi all,

I want to take the backup of my oracle database daily at 18.00 Hrs. where i want to store the same backup data in some other system for this i want take the backup such a way that the tables that are modified should be taken as the backup and this backup data are to be stored in second system

for example:

in system 1 i have three tables t1,t2,t3,t4
on t1 i will insert the data
on t2 i will update the data
and on t3 i will insert,update and delete
there is no change in t4.

i have to take the backup from t1.

i will keep the back-up file in the system 2 and the data should be stored in t1,t2,t3 only t4 should not be changed.

thanks in regards.

aditya.
Re: Take back-up daily on the tables that are changing [message #186146 is a reply to message #185882] Sun, 06 August 2006 07:43 Go to previous message
nmacdannald
Switch logs then try sifting through the archive logs for the unchanged data. Log miner documentation will apply depending on your version.

If t4 should not be changed then don't backup it up. Take a backup when t4 is not changed and use that each time you restore.
Previous Topic: Help on a recovery scenario
Next Topic: RMAN Writing to Tape
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 09:37:40 CDT 2024