Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » back up
back up [message #181434] Mon, 10 July 2006 02:27 Go to next message
shishirnaik55

hi
i am facing one problem ,
That i have taken backup through ftp
in ascii mode i got the dmp file . (by mistake i kept it ascii rather than binary) now i have to restore that backup but it gives error imp 00010 . can any body help me out of this problem
or can that file be converted into binar mode again[/ALIGN]please help me
Re: back up [message #181444 is a reply to message #181434] Mon, 10 July 2006 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As far as I can tell, you'd better get binary copy of the same file. ASCII one won't help much here and can not be converted into a binary file.

Although, if I remember well, some really, really small .dmp files (for example, export of the Scott's EMP table) could have been imported although FTPed as ASCII files. But, again, maybe I don't remember that well.
Re: back up [message #181483 is a reply to message #181444] Mon, 10 July 2006 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shishirnaik55

sir ,
actually the problem is ,i have the only back up with ascii mode and the server is crashed with two hdd fulty so i have to restore with that only and other backups are old ( two months back )

i am in a very critical stage
pls help me out sir
Re: back up [message #181494 is a reply to message #181483] Mon, 10 July 2006 05:56 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I'm terribly sorry, but I really wouldn't know how to do that; so, you have ASCII .dmp file which is unusable, and a valid backup which is 2 months old. The best you can do is to restore your database with backup you have ...

I believe this situation will, in the future, make you think of someone's signature which says "Did you hug your backup today?".
Previous Topic: data export problem
Next Topic: How to can back up some table to dump file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:01:45 CDT 2024