Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » my need is I insert all other branch data in head office system not replace with head office data
my need is I insert all other branch data in head office system not replace with head office data [message #180145] Fri, 30 June 2006 06:28 Go to next message
mfa786
Sir
I have five branch every branch use same system at the end of month head office call all data from every branch for accumulative report now days we use excel

Sir how I compile all branch data such as I start entry for 01-07-2005 and at the end of month my branch user create backup or dmp file and send me.

Sir my need is I insert all other branch data in head office system not replace with head office data

Sir how I inert auto from dmp file

Thank
aamir

Re: my need is I insert all other branch data in head office system not replace with head office dat [message #182021 is a reply to message #180145] Wed, 12 July 2006 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nmacdannald
try ignore errors = y durning the imp process if you have primary keys on the tables. It will skip the rows that already exist.
Neil.
Re: my need is I insert all other branch data in head office system not replace with head office dat [message #182026 is a reply to message #180145] Wed, 12 July 2006 11:25 Go to previous message
ebrian
What format are you receiving the data? You mentioned excel and dmp. If it's excel you could generate a csv and load w/ SQL*Loader or external table. If it's a dmp, then reference nmacdannald's response above.
Previous Topic: database link create but not fatch data from link database give me this err
Next Topic: ORA-12535: TNS:operation timed out
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:15:38 CDT 2024