Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Error Messages in the Event Viewer since RMAN configuration
Error Messages in the Event Viewer since RMAN configuration [message #179860] Thu, 29 June 2006 02:02 Go to next message
twedehase
Hello everyone,

I recently configured a hot backup of an Oracle 10g database on a Win2003 Standard Server.

used configuration:
C:\> rman target sys/manager@unrb
rman>configure default device type to disk;
rman>configure controlfile autobackup on;
rman>configure controlfile autobackup format for device type disk to 'd:\Backup\controlfile_%F.ctl’;
rman>configure channel 1 device type disk format ‘d:\Backup\%U.bak’ maxpiecesize 4G;
rman>exit;

changes I made to the init.ora
log_archive_start = TRUE
log_archive_dest = d:\database\unrb\archive
log_archive_format = "log_%s_%t_%r.arc"

the database is in archivelog mode

Since I did that I am getting unwanted messages in the Event Viewer of my Win2003 installation
They fill up the log rapidly.
There are different messages seen in the Event Viewer, some are information, some are warning and unfortunatly some are errors.
(see attached txt file)

I assume the messages are related to the RMAN since they started appearing since the RMAN was configured.

I can't explain myself where the messages are coming from.

Did anyone have the same or a similar problem? Maybe in there is a configuration of the RMAN missing?

Can anyone help me with that.

If you need more information I will be happy to provide it.

Cheers
Thomas
Re: Error Messages in the Event Viewer since RMAN configuration [message #179955 is a reply to message #179860] Thu, 29 June 2006 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
having audit_trail = OS ?
Re: Error Messages in the Event Viewer since RMAN configuration [message #179963 is a reply to message #179955] Thu, 29 June 2006 07:45 Go to previous message
twedehase
no,
audit_trail = DB
Previous Topic: Hardware failure make Oracle 8 database down
Next Topic: How to use logminer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:19:09 CDT 2024