Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Request Expert Critic for an Article I found
Request Expert Critic for an Article I found [message #178861] Fri, 23 June 2006 03:35 Go to next message
Aldous Jose A. Castro
I have an Oracle problem and recently found this generic Recovering Oracle article posted by someone.

It claims this:

http://examples.oreilly.com/unixbr/oracle.html

"Since an Oracle database consists of several interrelated parts, recovering such a database is done through a process of elimination. Identify which pieces work, then recover the pieces that don't work. The following recovery guidefollows that logic and works regardless of the chosen backup method. It consists of a flowchart and a procedure whose numbered steps correspond to the elements in the flowchart. "

It was originally written for a Unix Oracle Database. Will this work for a Windows NT environment?

Re: Request Expert Critic for an Article I found [message #178882 is a reply to message #178861] Fri, 23 June 2006 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
It seems to an outdated document. But the cocepts still apply.
Re: Request Expert Critic for an Article I found [message #179128 is a reply to message #178861] Sun, 25 June 2006 22:39 Go to previous message
Aldous Jose A. Castro
Thanks.
Previous Topic: Full backup problem in OEM (OMS) using RMAN
Next Topic: Database Export and Import with different versions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 01:27:59 CDT 2024