Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » ORACLE RMAN PROBLEM
ORACLE RMAN PROBLEM [message #166451] Thu, 06 April 2006 06:37 Go to next message
nouresh
Media Server: HP MSL 6000 (Robotic Tape Library DLT)
Database Server: Oracle 10g on RHEL AS 3

Netbackup Master server is installed on HP DL 380 server which is hooked to Media server.

Through netbackup Im trying to take backup of oracle (hot backup)

This is the error receiving on Database server

###########################################################
channel ch00: starting piece 1 at 06-APR-06
released channel: ch00
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS ===============
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-03009: failure of backup command on ch00 channel at 04/06/2006 16:04:51
ORA-19506: failed to create sequential file, name="bk_u38hfrk8k_s104_p1_t587059476", parms=""
ORA-27028: skgfqcre: sbtbackup returned error
ORA-19511: Error received from media manager layer, error text:
VxBSACreateObject: Failed with error:
Server Status: unable to allocate new media for backup, storage unit has none available
###########################################################

Help me out asap.

Rgds
Nouresh

Re: ORACLE RMAN PROBLEM [message #166495 is a reply to message #166451] Thu, 06 April 2006 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Slow Poke
The last line of this error tells the problem. You do not have any scratch tapes available. If you think that you have tapes available ,then your problem probably exists with the configuration of your backup policy. I don't know what backup product you use, but in NetBackup you could have a problem with your volume pool in your backup policy. Anyway look at your backup job and not RMAN.
Re: ORACLE RMAN PROBLEM [message #166865 is a reply to message #166451] Mon, 10 April 2006 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nouresh
The problem is been solved after creating new and fresh policy.

Im able to take oracle backup from "backup, archive and restore" console, but not through Netbackup Administration console.

Manual backup from NBU adminstration is not working. Its giving this error.

Unable to do manual backup of policy "DB_FULL_ORACLE". No automatic
backup schedules are defined for the policy(user archive and user backup schedules, if any, are excluded)

In schedules, there is a default application backup which is been set.

Will someone help me out.

Cheers,
Nouresh

Re: ORACLE RMAN PROBLEM [message #166988 is a reply to message #166865] Mon, 10 April 2006 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DR
Oracle backups using Netbackup require two specific schedule types: the application default schedule (which you have) and a automatic backup schedule.

For example: in one policy, the application default schedule is 24/7, but the automatic backup schedule is Sun 7:00am thru Sun 9:00am.

All Oracle database operations are performed though Netbackup for Oracle using the application default schedule. The automatic schedule in the above example will kick off the job at Sun 7:00am. If it cannot start due to something like no tape drive available, it will continue to try until Sun 9:00am.

[Updated on: Mon, 10 April 2006 13:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ORACLE RMAN PROBLEM [message #167245 is a reply to message #166451] Wed, 12 April 2006 02:01 Go to previous message
nouresh
Thank you for replying.

As per you said, ive created 2 schedules for Oracle Policy.
1. Default Application Backup
2. Automatic Full Backup

Application Backup is been scheduled for everyday at 6 pm.
Automatic Full Backup is been scheduled for weekend at 8 pm.

NBU is not taking backup as per schedule. I couldnt see any related attempt done by NBU in log.
But I could do manual backup from NBU Adminstration Console.

Please me help me out, this is the first time im getting an opportunity to work on NBU.

Previous Topic: ERROR ALLOCATING DEVICE
Next Topic: script for hot backup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:47:09 CDT 2024