Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Export and import with cluster information.
Export and import with cluster information. [message #166064] Tue, 04 April 2006 05:28 Go to next message
fahania
When exporting from 10g to 10g, does an SYSTEM export and an import as user (NOT system!) with DBA grants from that export mean that information about clustering from the exported database will be imported into the newly created database?
Re: Export and import with cluster information. [message #166380 is a reply to message #166064] Thu, 06 April 2006 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Not sure I understand the question. If you export a schema with a database clusters, you can re-import it provides the target schema has the CREATE CLUSTER privilege granted to it.
Re: Export and import with cluster information. [message #166459 is a reply to message #166064] Thu, 06 April 2006 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fahania
Thanks for your response.

To be more detailed. Our aim was to copy a database instance, containing three users, from one machine to another. We did a System export with exp and got one export file. On the other machine we only needed to have three users and their data and we do not want to import the data as System. Therefore we did three separated imports as user. Before importing the necessary tablespaces and users where already created and the users doing the import do have dba grants. The question is however if any information about Oracle Clusters on the originating machine is copied by this manner to the destination machine, which was not intentionally. If you can give me any clue on this matter i would appreciate that.

Re: Export and import with cluster information. [message #166884 is a reply to message #166064] Mon, 10 April 2006 02:49 Go to previous message
alexzeng
Have a look at this table. You see "User Mode" include Clusters.
I suggested that you can transport tablespaces by using transport_tablespace options if the prerequisite is met.

Table mode
----------------------
Table definitions
Table data
Owner's table grants
Owner's table indexes
Table constraints
Table triggers

User Mode
-----------------

Table definitions
Table data