Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » oracle errors...need help
oracle errors...need help [message #162707] Mon, 13 March 2006 04:56 Go to next message
tayyaba
Hi...
I'm working in Oracle 9i and on windows 2000...first my oracle was working perfectly and I created a database in it..about 30 tables...then I didn't used oracle for 4-5 months...and now when I try to connect to oracle through sql it gives me the following errors...
ORA-01034 Oracle not Available
ORA-27101 Shared memory realm does not exist

I also get one alert message when I start my PC that oradim.exe has generated errors and will be closed and you will need to restart the program...I don't know what does this mean..and does it have anything to do with the above errors..

I read something about resolving these errors and it said to check the log Alert file...I checked but fail to understand where the problem is...and how can I solve it...and will I be able to recover my database...
please I really need help it's really urgent...reply me as soon as possible...

bye...
Re: oracle errors...need help [message #163143 is a reply to message #162707] Wed, 15 March 2006 01:40 Go to previous message
alexzeng
Start all oracle services in the control panel and then run the follow commands:

C:> sqlplus /nolog
conn / as sysdba
startup

Alex zeng |Skype me: hans9zeng
Previous Topic: recover datafile
Next Topic: RMAN for 8i Database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:33:03 CDT 2024