Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » OS Crashed, File System still ok
OS Crashed, File System still ok [message #162417] Fri, 10 March 2006 02:30 Go to next message
AlexD1979

Hello,
Our Oracle 9i DB Servers crashes the OS, no way to get the Server booting. The file structure on die HDDs are ok.
I have to make the databases available asap, because we have no on-line or off-line Backup file sets.

We have a 2nd Oracle Server as Stand-by Solution. How can I transfer all the Databases from the crashed system to the new system and get online?

Only copy the oradata Folder to the new Server? Which settings have I to do? Mounting the databases etc....
Any good emergency How-Tos available?

Greetings
Alex
Re: OS Crashed, File System still ok [message #162433 is a reply to message #162417] Fri, 10 March 2006 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
girish.rohini
HI

More information needed.
1. Whats' the OS?
2. Does the 2nd Oracle server (standby solution as mentioned in post) have got standby database configured on it?

One way, I can thought of is to restore all database files (datafiles, controlfile, spfile/pfile, redo log files) onto this standby server (if possible, keep the path same as it was on production server, otherwise you may need to rename the files).
Then if OS is windows, create oracle database service using oradim utility.

If unix, name the oracle sid.

After these try starting the database, you may get lucky.

--Girish
Re: OS Crashed, File System still ok [message #162444 is a reply to message #162417] Fri, 10 March 2006 04:29 Go to previous message
AlexD1979

1.) Windows 2000 Server
2.) No, it is only the same installation as on the production server without any databases.

So I have to create only the Services in Windows after the Copy job and all things should work? Great! I will try it! Thanks so much.
Previous Topic: RMAN fails doing hot backup
Next Topic: restore subset of database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:04:14 CDT 2024