Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Safemode: How to recover the data when desktop gets in safemode
Safemode: How to recover the data when desktop gets in safemode [message #160432] Sat, 25 February 2006 11:38 Go to next message
prabhakarkamath
I have a database with some tables created in it. Online registration application updated these tables with user information. Now, because of some problem in windows, I am not able to re-start the desktop & can only get in into Windows Safemode from which I can not start databse. but, one thing is that I may be able to copy necessary files.

My question is now, is it possible to make use these datafiles, control files & other things(which are the files necesary here?) in another database & get the table data there!! no sure whether such a thing can happen!!..

Also, in this scenario, how I can get the tables' data back.. no backup or anything we have right now... All suggestions are welcome..

Your help is greatly appreciated...
Re: Safemode: How to recover the data when desktop gets in safemode [message #160689 is a reply to message #160432] Tue, 28 February 2006 01:37 Go to previous message
alexzeng
Yes, you can recover it if all the files are all right.

You can copy the datafiles, controlfiles, redo logs, pfile, archived logs(if exist) and please record the path of these files.

After you setup a new box, copy these files to the same path as previous and then use oradim to create a new service, use orapwd to create the passwd file. You could open the database now if you are luck Laughing
Previous Topic: Problems with Netbackup and oracle 8i
Next Topic: tempfile
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:53:04 CDT 2024