Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Restore Oracle 9i DBF files into Windows XP server
Restore Oracle 9i DBF files into Windows XP server [message #159860] Tue, 21 February 2006 23:25 Go to next message
lwee
Dear database experts out there,

Not sure if this topic has been discussed before but I dont seem to be able to locate any when i perform a search.

Can any experts kindly guide me on the followings:

1) I have just installed Oracle 9i ver 9.2.0 into a Window XP Server. Everything went smoothly so this is not an issue. The controlfiles, redo files, system01.dbf etc were created.

2) I have to restore the DBF files into the new database, how am i going to restore the data to the database? Can anyone show me the process?

3) Actually the DBF files were copied from another XP server. I have stopped the Oracle services and zip up the file and move it to the new XP server. (is this the right way?)

I'm kinda stuck here so would really appreciate some form of help here. Many Thanks.

wee Razz
Re: Restore Oracle 9i DBF files into Windows XP server [message #160120 is a reply to message #159860] Thu, 23 February 2006 06:30 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Please search the board for COLD COPY
Previous Topic: restore full backup from a difference server
Next Topic: export oracle database...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 21:11:01 CDT 2024