Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » How to explant a database from HP-UNIX to Window
How to explant a database from HP-UNIX to Window [message #155538] Tue, 17 January 2006 02:15 Go to next message
jiexijihe

Embarassed
Now I have a problem,our company have a server which installed a HP-UNIX OS,and our engineer installed a Oracle 9i on it.Now I want explant the database to my own pc which is Windows,I tried use EXP/IMP command,but a full backup was failture,I could export the database use a logic method,but when I import the database into my computer was failture,I know the different os have different file format,but how I could explant the database from HP-UNIX to windows???
Re: How to explant a database from HP-UNIX to Window [message #155546 is a reply to message #155538] Tue, 17 January 2006 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tarundua

Export/Import is the way to transfer a database from one OS to another.

If you failed to import it succesfully then post your Export/Import commands with the errors that you got and people will help you.

And before that go through the manual related to full database export and import.

Thumbs Up
Re: How to explant a database from HP-UNIX to Window [message #155563 is a reply to message #155538] Tue, 17 January 2006 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jiexijihe

Thank you very much.
I readed your reply,and the problem has already solved,but I do not use this method(EXP/IMP),our company have an Oracle DBA,he used a physical method:copy the data file,befor time,I know the different os have different file format,but why the data file could use in two os(windows and HP-UNIX)???

I forgot the command of EXP/IMP,if I use a parameter of 'full=y' to export,but when I import the file which I exported,it always wrong.Now I wonder know how I could use the EXP/IMP command to export a full database from HP-UNIX os and import into windows os???

my knowledge of oracle is very poor,so here all are my teacher,please help me,thanks!

if you do not mind,I want get some Oracle DBA infomations,because I am interest in it.
Re: How to explant a database from HP-UNIX to Window [message #156153 is a reply to message #155563] Mon, 23 January 2006 02:33 Go to previous message
chj733
hi

I know that in Oracle 10G we can transfer tablespace between different OS,by using RMAN to change the file format,I don't konw how can your dba do it in ORACLE 9I
Previous Topic: recovery from RMAN backup
Next Topic: Database registered in a catalog
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:16:26 CDT 2024