Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » TableSpace Point In Time Recovery & Extend Management Dictionary
TableSpace Point In Time Recovery & Extend Management Dictionary [message #154837] Tue, 10 January 2006 21:50 Go to next message
sphinxo

Dear Oracle Expert,

I want to ask something regarding the point in time recorever & creating database from command line.

Basically I am struggling with TSPITR.
as i know from metalink forum and another forum regarding TSPITR problem,
all this bellow list should i do before doing TSPITR.
1.Have to use Recovery Catalog
1.1 For making tablespace read on Recover Catalog, target tablespace shoud have Extend Management DICTIONRY.
1.1.1 For making extend Management Dictionary, SYSTEM Tablespace should have Extend Management DICTIONRY too.
1.1.1.1 SYSTEM tablespace cannot move from Localy to Dictionary unless i created Dictionary from begining when create database.
1.1.1.1.1 CreateDAtabase ExtendManagement Dictionary, It has to create by command line, cannot create with DBCA, because DBCA has default ExtendManagement LOCALLY.

Basically I am struggling with TSPITR. but i stuck with the new one.
which the last thing in above point.
when i try to create Instance, i cannot connect to that instance from sqlplus.
this is what i am doing :
1. Create initNV.ora (i copy it from my existing database, and change the domain and databasename to NV and put it in directory C:\oracle\admin\NV\pfile\initNV.ora)
2. Try to make instance -> oradim -new -sid NV -intpwd 12345 -startmode M -pfile C:\oracle\admin\NV\pfile\initNV.ora
3. Instance Created ( i saw it in oradim.log ) and i saw in windows service it exist right now.
4. I open sqlplus -> sqlplus /nolog
5. then i try to connect to that instance -> connect sys/12345@nv as sysdba (it gives me error message ORA-12154: TNS:Could not resolve service name)
6. I try to connect to that instance with differenct command -> connect sys/12345 (it gives me error message ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied)

Anybody know what i am wrong in here?
or
do you have another way to do TSPITR ?

i already stuck almost a week.
I really do appreciate for answering my question.

Regards,
Novianto
Re: TableSpace Point In Time Recovery & Extend Management Dictionary [message #154839 is a reply to message #154837] Tue, 10 January 2006 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suryaevl
Dear Novianto,

By reading your query , I came to know that
you are only mounting the DB. (startmode M)

For connecting you have to open the DB.

This is my small suggestion. May or may not be right.

Can u try and reply.

suryaevl
Re: TableSpace Point In Time Recovery & Extend Management Dictionary [message #154850 is a reply to message #154839] Wed, 11 January 2006 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Quote:

1.1 For making tablespace read on Recover Catalog, target tablespace shoud have Extend Management DICTIONRY.
1.1.1 For making extend Management Dictionary, SYSTEM Tablespace should have Extend Management DICTIONRY too.
1.1.1.1 SYSTEM tablespace cannot move from Localy to Dictionary unless i created Dictionary from begining when create database.
1.1.1.1.1 CreateDAtabase ExtendManagement Dictionary, It has to create by command line, cannot create with DBCA, because DBCA has default ExtendManagement LOCALLY.

Says who? Where? These have nothing to do with TSPITR and anyhow, from 8i and above you are supposed to use Locally Manged Tablespace.
Quote:

5. then i try to connect to that instance -> connect sys/12345@nv as sysdba (it gives me error message ORA-12154: TNS:Could not resolve service name)
6. I try to connect to that instance with differenct command -> connect sys/12345 (it gives me error message ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied)

Without creating the database, how do you expect these to work?
I believe, you are looking to create a database using command line options.
Did you search the board?
Also see here.
http://www.adp-gmbh.ch/ora/admin/creatingdbmanually.html

and "nv" is your SID. Not your servicename as identified in tnsnames.ora . For further information, read documentation or search the board.

[Updated on: Wed, 11 January 2006 00:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: TableSpace Point In Time Recovery & Extend Management Dictionary [message #154921 is a reply to message #154850] Wed, 11 January 2006 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sphinxo

this is what i found from metalink about extend managemen dictionary, i know in here is related to EXCLUDE Tablespace configuration.

https://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/f?p=130:14:8234762146926367509::::p14_database_id,p14_docid,p14_show_header,p14_show_help, p14_black_frame,p14_font:NOT,145284.1,1,1,1,helvetica

* You cannot backup or configure EXCLUDE for a temporary type
* LOCALLY managed tablespace. It would have to be a dictionary-
* managed tablespace to be a candidate.

RMAN> CONFIGURE EXCLUDE for tablespace TEMP;
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS ===============
RMAN-00579: the following error occurred at 02/23/2001 11:44:07
RMAN-03002: failure during compilation of command
RMAN-03013: command type: configure
RMAN-06004: ORACLE error from recovery catalog database: RMAN-20202:
tablespace not found in the recovery catalog
RMAN-06019: could not translate tablespace name "TEMP"

An error occurs if the tablespace is not a dictionary-managed tablespace.
The temporary tablespace can be a dictionary managed or locally managed
tablespace in this case, it depends on the attributes used to create it.

For more information about this subject see the Oracle9i Concepts Guide.

"Temporary Datafiles"

"Space Management in Tablespaces" for more information about locally
managed tablespaces"

"Space Management in Tablespaces"

Quote:

These have nothing to do with TSPITR and anyhow, from 8i and above you are supposed to use Locally Manged Tablespace.

So now the problem in the recovery catalog if there's is nothing to do, this is my error msg

released channel: Channel1
RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS ===============
RMAN-03002: failure of restore command at 01/06/2006 09:54:53
RMAN-06004: ORACLE error from recovery catalog database: RMAN-20202: tablespace not found in the recovery catalog
RMAN-06019: could not translate tablespace name "TEST"

firstable i think is my tablespace name are keyword, but i already run it from sqlplus with " (double quotes) sign.
but it still give me an error like this.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks Mahesh for replying my question.

Regards,
Novianto
Re: TableSpace Point In Time Recovery & Extend Management Dictionary [message #154930 is a reply to message #154921] Wed, 11 January 2006 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
The mentioned case is different.
It is ONLY for EXCLUDING THE TABLESPACE from a full backup.

>>RMAN-06004: ORACLE error from recovery catalog database: RMAN-20202: tablespace not found in the recovery catalog
>>RMAN-06019: could not translate tablespace name "TEST"

TEST is reserved word in RMAN.
Did you try with single quotes?
'TEST'
Re: TableSpace Point In Time Recovery & Extend Management Dictionary [message #155062 is a reply to message #154930] Thu, 12 January 2006 01:29 Go to previous message
sphinxo

Yes, i thought it because keyword,
so i already try with single quotes and double quotes.
and still doesnt work
Previous Topic: select * from SYS.V$ARCHIVED_LOG no rows selected
Next Topic: how to know SID of database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:16:54 CDT 2024