Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » RMAN Error - ORA-01152
RMAN Error - ORA-01152 [message #145515] Thu, 03 November 2005 10:24
spthomas
In a recent disaster recover simulation that I had setup on one of our productions machines I had the joy of experiencing the lovely ORA-01152 error. (ORA-01152: file <string> was not restored from a sufficiently old backup)

It turns out the file in question was my undo dbf, but to my dismay I cannot get this backup restored (As it seems more dfs have the same illness). With that being said I'd like to put out my current plan and see if I in fact have any issues that might have lead to this problem.

(You'll have to excuse me as I'm no Oracle expert and some of this is still fresh on the brain)

(At the time) I was running the following RMAN Script:

RUN
{
backup incremental level 0 cumulative device type disk filesperset = 5 tag 'daily_db' database include current controlfile;
backup device type disk filesperset = 5 tag 'daily_log' archivelog all delete all input;
}
allocate channel for maintenance type disk;
delete noprompt obsolete device type disk;
release channel;

I then proceeded to setup a text box to test the recovery on. After looking around for a bit I settled in on some instructions posted by alexzeng, here at OraFAQ (http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/51510/67397/#msg_137681)

Everything was fine until I tried to open the database after the recovery, where I got the ORA-01152 error.

I only have the one backup set, so I don't know how I could recover to an earlier backup (as suggested by most article on that error).

I am at a lose, is the issue with my backup or in the way I restored the database? I know that is a pretty broad question, but it's a start Smile

Cheers!

EDIT: I's spelts gooder

[Updated on: Thu, 03 November 2005 10:25]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: RMAN-is it hanging?
Next Topic: Oracle Checkpoints
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:23:30 CDT 2024