Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Oracle Backup problem
Oracle Backup problem [message #138678] Fri, 23 September 2005 00:37 Go to next message
vatsjai

With respect all to the Oracle Guru's

I was taking a incomplete backup of oracle 8i in windows enviorment. i had opened database in RESETLOGS in my last backup.
but now when i want to open database it shows error no. 1190, means it shows

A DATAFILE OR CONTROL FILES IS BEFORE THE RESETLOGS.
DATAFILE NO 1(SYSTEM).

i guess my datafile header is not in sync with controlfile. please help me to solve this problem.

thanks
Re: Oracle Backup problem [message #138716 is a reply to message #138678] Fri, 23 September 2005 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alliejane
When you say

Quote:

I was taking a incomplete backup of oracle 8i in windows enviorment

What do you mean by incomplete backup?

The error you are describing usually occurs because.

1. The database was inconsistent when backed up (not closed, or not put into backup mode).
2. The operator didn't bring back EVERY datafile before performing recover, therefore some have a header which is in advance of the newly recovered files.

Anyway..

Post the steps you performed prior to getting the error and we will see what we can do.

Allie
Re: Oracle Backup problem [message #138941 is a reply to message #138716] Sun, 25 September 2005 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vatsjai
Repectable Oracle Guru Kellie

1. The In-Complete means when user accidently drops table or There is a problem in complete opened or closed backup.then it is required that u back up database in in-complete mode.

my problem is i have a datafile (system)with is prior to resetlogs. that is why it shows a message. i cannot take system datafile offline. that is why my database is not opened. i hope you got the point.

vatsjai
Re: Oracle Backup problem [message #138961 is a reply to message #138941] Mon, 26 September 2005 00:44 Go to previous message
tarundua

Oracle suggest that

Quote:

Always take whole database backup after opening in RESETLOGS mode

AS you say, your system tablespace backup has taken before restelogs option and you dont have any latest system tablespace backup ( as i am getting your post ).

I am afraid that you cannot restore this file ( others correct me if i am wrong) .

Only 10g provides the facility to use backups taken previous to resetlogs.

regards,
tarun

Previous Topic: How to move redo log files and undo tablespace file?
Next Topic: How to reorganize datafiles
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:02:15 CDT 2024