Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » coldbackup then recovery?
coldbackup then recovery? [message #128279] Sat, 16 July 2005 22:53 Go to next message
dnvs_praveen

i took coldbackup of ts18.dbf datafile and started database in noarchivelog mode. One of my user done some modification in his tables and he loggedout from his session. Then i shutdown database and deleted ts18.dbf and restored the coldbackup file and try to open database, its asking for recovery, but my database is in noarchivelog mode. so i cant recover. now how do i open database ( i dont have anyproblem if my users modifications lost also) but i want to use that datafile ts18.dbf

What is the solution?

Praveen
Re: coldbackup then recovery? [message #128392 is a reply to message #128279] Mon, 18 July 2005 06:02 Go to previous message
girish.rohini
Hi

Since database is in noarchivelog mode, only way now to open it is restore last cold backup, that you might have taken. This cold backup has to be of complete database, & not of 1 or few datafiles only.

Also, as 1 shot in dark... do type recover database at sqlprompt after mounting it. If the logfiles had not been overwritten, since your last backup, it might work.

Regds
Girish
Previous Topic: Veritas Netbackup 5.0.
Next Topic: Media Recovery necessary - Asks for a arch file older than 3 months
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:21:22 CDT 2024