Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » How can i take backup for the current transations
How can i take backup for the current transations [message #9115] Mon, 20 October 2003 09:03 Go to next message
saravanan
Dear driends,

I am working with oracle 8i database. I am taking backup for everyday transaction at the end of the day using secondary storage device floppy and CD. and also taking in hard disk itself.
Some times system hanged, that time i have to restart my system at the same time i lost my current transation data. how can i take backup those transation data. and give some other ways to take bakup the current transation data.

saravanan
Re: How can i take backup for the current transations [message #9116 is a reply to message #9115] Mon, 20 October 2003 09:23 Go to previous message
Thiru
'current transaction data ' ? one that has been committed or one that is in the process of getting modified ?

A transaction that hasnt been committed at the time of system crash, will be rolled back during the Instance recovery to make the database consistent ie you loose them and its for your own good!

On the other hand,if you had committed them, and even if they have not been written to the datafiles as of the system crash, they will be available after the instance recovery(by rollforward mechanism),provided you have your online redolog files intact.

What type of backup are you using ?

-Thiru
Previous Topic: taking backup
Next Topic: RMAN / Backups
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:22:05 CDT 2024