Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Restoring old archivelog files from backupset
Restoring old archivelog files from backupset [message #74001] Fri, 20 August 2004 01:38 Go to next message
brendan
How do you restore old archive log files which have been backed up about a month ago.  I have a backupset containing the archive log files that I need but am unable to restore them.  I need the files in order to do some investigative work using logminer.

Thanks in advance,

Brendan
Re: Restoring old archivelog files from backupset [message #74002 is a reply to message #74001] Fri, 20 August 2004 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
1. You need to update the rman catalog dictionary.
identify the backupsets you need ( based on completion_date)
and change its status to available.
or
just change status of all backupsets that fall in your date range to available.
2. resync the catalog
3. Now your catalog should identify the old backupsets.
crosscheck the availablity of backupset.
4. do the restore.
Re: Restoring old archivelog files from backupset [message #74004 is a reply to message #74002] Fri, 20 August 2004 06:23 Go to previous message
brendan
The problem is that there is no rman catalog. It is stored directly in the controlfile of the database and not a recovery catalog. The backup redundancy is set to 2 and the files are backed up onto tape every night. How can I restore the files in this situation.
Previous Topic: RMAN using standard out or named pipe
Next Topic: Cold backup of archive log mode DB
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:30:46 CDT 2024