Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Database recovery using RMAN
Database recovery using RMAN [message #73436] Thu, 29 April 2004 01:00 Go to next message
Neeraja
I have taken a backup of my database using RMAN onto a tape.

Later, I performed some insertions and deletion of data. Can I get my database with all the deleted data as well as with the new data that I inserted. i.e. Is there anyway to recover my lost data.
Re: Database recovery using RMAN [message #73442 is a reply to message #73436] Fri, 30 April 2004 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Srinath
HI:

YOu can get your database will all the deleted data as well as with the new data inserted.

First you shut donw your database(if possible)take a cold backup of your present database by shutting your database and name it as present backup.

then restore your database using rman disk backup.
(hope you know how to recover)

Perform an export operation on this database for that particular table on which you performed insert delete operations.

shut abort the database.

remove all files from present location. replace these file with present backup set.(control,dbfiles,redologfiles)

then startup

then import only this table .

your will get all the last rows.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.
Srinath
Re: Database recovery using RMAN [message #73504 is a reply to message #73436] Wed, 12 May 2004 10:53 Go to previous message
croca
I'm afraid is not possible, let me see if i understood:

1) you first took an RMAN backup
2) deleted rows
3) insreted rows

your only backup was taken in step 1) !!!
so you don't have any backup to restore and satisfy your needs....

What you can do is:
1) restore your DB and leave it as it was in step 1)
2) restore your dba and apply archived redo log to the point in time the deletion was made. This way, you are located in the same point in time as step 2).

Hope this helps.
Try RMV from www.otools.com.ar to see detailed information regarding your RMAN backups.
Previous Topic: losing controlfile as RMAN repository
Next Topic: What permission need to give the the backup user with RMAN?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 05:45:26 CDT 2024