Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Handling Recovery Catalog
Handling Recovery Catalog [message #71524] Tue, 19 November 2002 11:34 Go to next message
Muthu
Hi,
I haver 3 Oracle servers for Dev, QA and Prod. So far i was running cold backup. Now i was about to apply RMAN backup. I have done my homework in reading more about RMAN. I applied RMAN backup in Dev box. I have also seen in the articles that it is good to back up the Recovery Catalog from another oracle server so that we don't lose the recovery catalog in case of database crash. I was wondering that means, should i have to back up the production Recovery catalog in the QA oracle server using RMAN or can i just have rman applied to individual box.
Can anyone give more information about this, how to handle the recovery catalog in these scenarios?
Re: Handling Recovery Catalog [message #71525 is a reply to message #71524] Tue, 19 November 2002 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
just a daily export of the recovery catalog ( rman user's schema) or a conventional cold backup will do.
In case your recovery catalog is GONE / CRASHED,you can restore the catalog
add-on to mahesh [message #71531 is a reply to message #71524] Wed, 20 November 2002 07:55 Go to previous message
B
It's better to install RMAN catalog on 2 databases
So if one db with catalog crash U can rebuild it with ur second one.
Previous Topic: backup
Next Topic: backup strategy and hardware requirements, as well as archivelog mode problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 05:55:29 CDT 2024