Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Backup Question.
Backup Question. [message #61091] Mon, 29 March 2004 02:44 Go to next message
Jain
Folks,

I have this question. I have taken a cold back of the database at 5:AM. ( obviously with the database being shutdown).

Now, After taking the Cold backup, I start the database and put it in the archive log mode.

Will the cold backup and archive logs suffice for a recovery incase of failure ( media or whatever).

I think, we can recover it.

Let me know ASAP. Please.
Re: Backup Question. [message #61092 is a reply to message #61091] Mon, 29 March 2004 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anatol Ciolac
You must backup also the controlfoles - you can restore a database from cold backup until the last SCN in controlfile.
Re: Backup Question. [message #61104 is a reply to message #61091] Mon, 29 March 2004 22:30 Go to previous message
Gaurav
No i do not think that u can recover. cause u have taken a backup when the database was in noarchivelog mode. u can not apply archive logs on this backup. u have to take a backup after changing the database mode to archive log mode.

If u think or u get a solution that u can recover pls. send the answer to me too. also send any other problems.
Previous Topic: export not generating logfile in automatic backup
Next Topic: How to backup database by program?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 02:25:32 CDT 2024